Monday, September 15, 2014

One Step at a Time

It's amazing how one simple choice can make things get started. My goal to workout for 30 mins and not drink has not gone so well...to say the least I have hardly done anything and I have drank almost every night. Not a lot just one or two but still I haven't kept my goal and it was really starting to make me upset with myself. Today, I decided to take at least a 20 minute walk on my treadmill in between a short break from work. I started walking and then I figured what the hell why not start running. It felt so good to run again...even though my ass was jiggling like jello...it felt great! After my walk/run I even did 3 sets of squats with a 20 lb kettlebell. I love that one small choice made it where I ended up feeling so much better and gives me a good enough high to want to do it some more tomorrow.  I'm excited that this one step has gotten the ball rolling again.

The other step I took was venting and getting all my feelings out about possibly losing a friendship.After venting about it I feel so much better and I don't feel as bitter about it all.  Now I can move past it and stop being depressed about it all.

Baby steps it's amazing how one step makes a big difference.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment